Teachers as Scholars
The Teachers As Scholars program provides teachers and administrators the opportunity to become students again. Teachers gather with colleagues from neighboring school districts to study, discuss, and reflect upon scholarly issues with Notre Dame professors.
TAS represents a dynamic vision of professional development for K-12 teachers — and is a vital collaboration between public and private school teachers and the faculty at the University of Notre Dame. For more information, please review the TAS Annual Report 2017-2018.
2019 Teachers as Scholars Application is OPEN. Applications for 2019 will be available from October 3rd until November 18, 2018.
- South Bend Community School Corporation
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend Catholic Schools
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation
- John Glenn School Corporation
- Union-North United School Corporation
- School City of Mishawaka
- Two-day seminar on the campus of the University of Notre Dame
- 9am to 3:30pm seminar with an hour long lunch break
- Member shool districts partner with the University to provide seminars to their teachers and administrators at no cost to the participant.
- Upon approval from supervisors, schools provide substitute teachers.
- Teachers earn 15 Professional Growth Points (PGP) for attending both seminars, which includes preparatory reading for the seminar.
- All seminars are designed to offer engaging, participatory experiences.
- Teachers are encouraged to sign up for seminars on topics that interest them, regardless of the grade level or content area they teach or their administrative focus.
Apply to Teachers as Scholars
Teachers may only participate once per year. Spaces are limited.
Teachers As Scholars operates by the calendar year with Spring and Fall seminars.
2019 Teachers as Scholars Application is OPEN.
Applications for 2019 will be available from October 3rd until November 18, 2018.