Teachers as Scholars
2021-22 Calendar Update:
The Notre Dame Teachers As Scholars professional development program for K-12 educators is looking ahead to the next academic year of 2021-22. We are hoping once again to engage high-quality ND faculty to present enriching seminars to area teachers and administrators, and we are proposing to begin with a series of 4 seminars starting Spring, 2022.
We are currently working with district partners to determine the viability of providing professional development opportunities at that time.
Information will go out to districts and teachers after there is a better understanding of school conditions for Fall, 2021, when we hope to begin recruitment for 2022 seminars. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact email@example.com.
The Teachers As Scholars program provides teachers and administrators the opportunity to become students again. Teachers gather with colleagues from neighboring school districts to study, discuss, and reflect upon scholarly issues with Notre Dame professors.
TAS represents a dynamic vision of professional development for K-12 teachers — and is a vital collaboration between public and private school teachers and the faculty at the University of Notre Dame. For more information, please review the TAS Annual Report 2019-20
- South Bend Community School Corporation
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend Catholic Schools
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation
- John Glenn School Corporation
- Union-North United School Corporation
- School City of Mishawaka
- Two-day seminar on the campus of the University of Notre Dame
- 9am to 3:30pm seminar with an hour long lunch break
- Member shool districts partner with the University to provide seminars to their teachers and administrators at no cost to the participant.
- Upon approval from supervisors, schools provide substitute teachers.
- Teachers earn 15 Professional Growth Points (PGP) for attending both seminars, which includes preparatory reading for the seminar.
- All seminars are designed to offer engaging, participatory experiences.
- Teachers are encouraged to sign up for seminars on topics that interest them, regardless of the grade level or content area they teach or their administrative focus.
Apply to Teachers as Scholars
Teachers may only participate once per year. Spaces are limited. Teachers As Scholars operates by the calendar year with Spring and Fall seminars.
No Applications are being taken at this time
The 2021 Teachers as Scholars Application is Postponed. (Registration typically closes mid-November)
For more information about Teachers as Scholars, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 631-9423.