Teachers as Scholars
Thank you for 20 years of engagement with the Notre Dame Teachers As Scholars (TAS) educational outreach program. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of safely reopening K-12 schools and Notre Dame's campus during the current Coronavirus pandemic, TAS seminars will be canceled this academic year.
Information will go out to districts and teachers after there is a better understanding of health conditions for fall, 2021 , when we hope to resume our collaboration. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact email@example.com. For additional information about how Notre Dame is operating during the pandemic, please visit HERE.ND.EDU.
The Teachers As Scholars program provides teachers and administrators the opportunity to become students again. Teachers gather with colleagues from neighboring school districts to study, discuss, and reflect upon scholarly issues with Notre Dame professors.
TAS represents a dynamic vision of professional development for K-12 teachers — and is a vital collaboration between public and private school teachers and the faculty at the University of Notre Dame. For more information, please review the TAS Annual Report 2019-20
- South Bend Community School Corporation
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend Catholic Schools
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation
- John Glenn School Corporation
- Union-North United School Corporation
- School City of Mishawaka
- Two-day seminar on the campus of the University of Notre Dame
- 9am to 3:30pm seminar with an hour long lunch break
- Member shool districts partner with the University to provide seminars to their teachers and administrators at no cost to the participant.
- Upon approval from supervisors, schools provide substitute teachers.
- Teachers earn 15 Professional Growth Points (PGP) for attending both seminars, which includes preparatory reading for the seminar.
- All seminars are designed to offer engaging, participatory experiences.
- Teachers are encouraged to sign up for seminars on topics that interest them, regardless of the grade level or content area they teach or their administrative focus.
Apply to Teachers as Scholars
Teachers may only participate once per year. Spaces are limited. Teachers As Scholars operates by the calendar year with Spring and Fall seminars.
No Applications are being taken at this time
The 2021 Teachers as Scholars Application is Postponed. (Registration typically closes mid-November)
For more information about Teachers as Scholars, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 631-9423.